Tustin Unified School District
BENSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
2020-21 SCHOOL PLAN AT-A-GLANCE
2020-2021 Focus Goals based on the results of our Comprehensive Needs Assessment are: Access,
Engagement, and Continuity of Instruction. To learn more about our curriculum, use the link on the right sidebar to access the Curriculum tab.
Pupil Outcomes - All students will demonstrate mastery of grade-level content and will meet the College and Career Indicator upon graduation.
Engagement - All students will demonstrate improved school engagement through increased attendance rates, parental participation, and demonstration of appropriate behaviors.
Conditions of Learning - All students will participate in a broad course of study through standards-aligned curriculum taught by highly qualified teachers in safe conditions of learning.
- Continuity of Instruction/Conditions of Learning: Using a variety of instructional strategies, resources, and technologies to meet students' diverse learning needs:
- Teachers will use Schoology to clearly convey information and expectations to students and families
- As grade level teams, teachers will continually meet to discuss appropriate ways of teaching and assessing students both online and in-person.
- Student Engagement: Creating physical or virtual learning environments that promote student learning, reflect diversity, and encourage constructive and productive interactions among students:
- Teachers will become proficient in concurrent teaching both students at home and in the classroom.
- Teachers will continue to use Google Meet to engage our online learners with in-person learners.
- Access to Appropriate Curriculum/Student Outcomes: Using and adapting resources, technologies, and standards-aligned instructional materials to make subject matter accessible to all students:
- Using their professional experience, teachers will provide a curriculum which is appropriate to meet the academic needs of our students.
- Teachers will enhance and/or supplement FLVS with curriculum that is most appropriate to the accelerated and remedial learning needs of my students.